I am an Associate Professor and Dean for International Relations Office for the University of Energy and Natural Resources (UENR) in Ghana. Formerly, I was the head of Department for Civil and Environmental Engineering, Energy and Environmental Engineering and the Earth Observation Research and Innovation Centre. I led to the establishment of the Constellation Observing System for Meteorology, Ionosphere, and Climate (COSMIC-2) Programme, the Advanced Fire Information System (AFIS) for West Africa; and the Ghana Carbon Programme (A collaborative project with the Global Change Research Institute of Czech Republic) at UENR, Ghana. I have been a Visiting Lecturer to the Pan African University Institute of Water and Energy Sciences (PAUWES) in Algeria, the Pan African University Institute for Life Sciences in Nigeria, the WASCAL (West African Science Service Centre on Climate Change and Adapted Land Use) centers in Lome-Togo and Niamey-Niger.
As a Programme Board Member of the Group on Earth Observation (GEO); I seek to advocate for open access and use of Earth observations for the benefit of society especially for deprived nations. Under GEO programme, I also work with the GEO AquaWatch Programme as a Steering Committee Member and Co-Chair for developing the strategic direction and implementation schedule for the GEO Land Degradation Neutrality (LDN). In this role, I strongly advocate for the strong need of long-term capacity development at both the governmental scale, while at the same time at the grassroots level to bring a transformative attitude to the value for land for development and livelihood. At Global Climate Observing System (GCOS) of the World Meteorological Organisation (WMO), I serve as a Steering Committee Member.
In the last decade, I have published over 60 articles in several journals. I also serve as an Editorial Member for Oriental Journal of Chemistry (OJC), an Editor for Information Technology and Engineering Section – Scientific African, a Review Editor for Frontiers in Water, and an Associate Editor for the Journal of Energy and Natural Resource Management (JENRM).
As an educator, I advocate for equal access to education for developing countries, to make the needed changes and goals, we wish to achieve as a world!
- Post-doctoral research on Climate Change Impacts on Hydropower Generation in Ghana at the University of Ibadan, Nigeria –>>2015
- PhD Hydrology and Water Resources at Hohai University in Nanjing, China –>>2013
- MS.c Environmental Hydrology at the University of Twente in the Netherlands –>>2010
- BSc in Civil Engineering at Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST), Kumasi, Ghana –> 2005
- S.S.C.E. Certificate at St. Francis Xavier Minor Secondary School, Wa –>> 1999
- B.E.C.E. Certificate at St Andrews JHS, Nandom –>>1996
- 2019: Geospatial Excellence Award -Sambus Geospatial Ltd -Ghana
- 2016: Gold Medal – Outstanding Staff – University of Energy and Natural Resources at Maiden Congregation Opened by the President of Ghana – John Dramani Mahama.
- 2009: The special award “Developing a GUI for Modelling the Water Quality of the 52°North Dinkel River“. 52 North Initiative for Geospatial Open Source Software GmBH.